March 29,1531



Hola Diary!

What an exciting few days! I have met with my old commander Francisco Pizarro in Panama! He is here to gain support for his exploration against the native peoples of South America’s Andes Mountains. He needed ships, men, and supplies, and Ponce de Leon and I have agreed to provide all of those things for him! Together, Ponce de Leon and I have supplied him with about 200 men! I have also agreed to come along on the expedition as a scout! We are set to leave in thirty days and I cannot wait for this adventure since this is my third time to go to South America. The second time, I turned back quickly because of lack of supplies and men. However, I left something very valuable behind; I spread the disease of Small Pox. Hopefully this will provide support for our small Spanish force by diminishing their numbers!