September 22, 1526



Hola Diary!

Pizarro and I were successful in driving Urraca into the mountains. We became instant heros! Though I did not acquire as much wealth as I had hoped for it was enough for now. In the past couple of years I have been put in a difficult situation, but it has now been taken care of. A power-struggle between my lovely wife’s father, Pedrarias, and Hernandez de Cordoba has resulted in my loyalty to Pedrarias. At first, I merely supported him because he was family. I am glad of it now! Just a month ago Cordoba was executed for treason and I have already been rewarded for my loyalty by Pedrarias. I have been given money and glory, and just yesterday I partnered up with Francisco Companon and Hernan Ponce de Leon. We have been very successful in the business of native slave trading! By doing this I might reach my goal yet: being rich!